If Clothes Could Speak
If clothes could speak,
They'd say,
I'm sorry I ain't any wannabe.
I'm sorry I never knew I could speak to you
Words of consent that my owner didn't ever do !
I'm sorry but when did I
Let you in?
When did I allow you
To grab me mercilessly and throw me off my owner's self-respect's room?
I'm sorry I didn't know
I could perfectly camouflage my owner's consent
And being told
That I, was 'Asking for you!'
I'm sorry I didn't know
I was the reason for my owner
Being called a slut
When I was a miniskirt.
Why didn't your hands stop then,
when I was a mere eight year old's pretty little frock?
Was I even then uttering
The same damn thing?
Was I even then
'Asking for you?'
If it was for me
Why didn't you stop your monstrous gaze
When I was a pitch black burkha?
Why wasn't I then capable enough to protect my owner from you?
And I'm sorry my dear owner
Because I terribly failed in protecting you.
I was designated to adore you, to let you bloom,
I was unaware that it'd be for me
That you would be called
With words that unplease
Even my inner soul's unrecognizable rooms.
I'm sorry for being the reason
You got cat-called at fifteen.
I'm sorry for being the reason
You were labelled with
"Stay away from her. My mom says her dressing isn't that good!" or with "Hey bro, Check her out! Maybe she's a deal with a very low paying amount !"
I do not know
When I could
Convey words and feelings
I never meant to do.
I'm sorry I overpowered your personality.
I'm sorry for being your everyday's worst choice
I do not know what crime I did,
But yet they label me with random smirks and unpleasing nouns.
Put me behind the bars,
Announce me your convict.
For I can no longer
Bare the pain
Of being called ,
The reason why my owner
Was dragged into death
Just because
I sounded like
I was 'Asking for it.'
I just wanted to clarify
I was never ever asking for you !
I was never ever ‘ASKING for IT!’
________________
#poetry #poetsofinstagram
#poetrylovers
#rape
#yourquotebaba
#Collab and share what would happen #ifclothescouldspeak #YourQuoteAndMine
Collaborating with YourQuote Baba
Read my thoughts on @YourQuoteApp
#yourquote #quote #stories #qotd #quoteoftheday #wordporn #quotestagram #wordswag #wordsofwisdom #inspirationalquotes #writeaway #thoughts #poetry #instawriters #writersofinstagram #writersofig #writersofindia #igwriters #igwritersclub
They'd say,
I'm sorry I ain't any wannabe.
I'm sorry I never knew I could speak to you
Words of consent that my owner didn't ever do !
I'm sorry but when did I
Let you in?
When did I allow you
To grab me mercilessly and throw me off my owner's self-respect's room?
I'm sorry I didn't know
I could perfectly camouflage my owner's consent
And being told
That I, was 'Asking for you!'
I'm sorry I didn't know
I was the reason for my owner
Being called a slut
When I was a miniskirt.
Why didn't your hands stop then,
when I was a mere eight year old's pretty little frock?
Was I even then uttering
The same damn thing?
Was I even then
'Asking for you?'
If it was for me
Why didn't you stop your monstrous gaze
When I was a pitch black burkha?
Why wasn't I then capable enough to protect my owner from you?
And I'm sorry my dear owner
Because I terribly failed in protecting you.
I was designated to adore you, to let you bloom,
I was unaware that it'd be for me
That you would be called
With words that unplease
Even my inner soul's unrecognizable rooms.
I'm sorry for being the reason
You got cat-called at fifteen.
I'm sorry for being the reason
You were labelled with
"Stay away from her. My mom says her dressing isn't that good!" or with "Hey bro, Check her out! Maybe she's a deal with a very low paying amount !"
I do not know
When I could
Convey words and feelings
I never meant to do.
I'm sorry I overpowered your personality.
I'm sorry for being your everyday's worst choice
I do not know what crime I did,
But yet they label me with random smirks and unpleasing nouns.
Put me behind the bars,
Announce me your convict.
For I can no longer
Bare the pain
Of being called ,
The reason why my owner
Was dragged into death
Just because
I sounded like
I was 'Asking for it.'
I just wanted to clarify
I was never ever asking for you !
I was never ever ‘ASKING for IT!’
________________
#poetry #poetsofinstagram
#poetrylovers
#rape
#yourquotebaba
#Collab and share what would happen #ifclothescouldspeak #YourQuoteAndMine
Collaborating with YourQuote Baba
Read my thoughts on @YourQuoteApp
#yourquote #quote #stories #qotd #quoteoftheday #wordporn #quotestagram #wordswag #wordsofwisdom #inspirationalquotes #writeaway #thoughts #poetry #instawriters #writersofinstagram #writersofig #writersofindia #igwriters #igwritersclub


Mm, nice poem... more of a autobiography of clothes... very touching... I now have second thoughts about wearing clothes!! : )
ReplyDeleteThankyou for your feedback. Glad to know you liked it.
Delete