It's Show Time !

 When it's night

I see my demons go high,

Smoking on weed

With my emotions rolled inside.


Burning twice,


All those scars 

That'd been burnt

Multiple times.

Collecting all these ashes,

From the craters underneath my eyes.

Carefully Handpicked life scenes

That would make the same flame

Burn me twice.


Eyes out-focused,

Staring at nothing

Yet everything 

At one time.


Brain glitching

With the umpty

Number of slideshows

Viewed side by side,

Of sweet memories

And sour people

Of emotions felt

And forcefully forgotten 

With time.


I'm soaked in these memories

Of Kerosene times,

The demon Lits a light

And watches me burn

But yet won't let me die.


“Insomniac freak”

I hear people speak ;

Dark circles decorating

Mine filtered face

Because what could I tell them

When they say,

“Demons are myths, 

Don't believe a word she speaks!”


But what about those

That talk to me every night?

What about those,

That have kept me away 

From myself

All this while?


What do I say

To make you believe,

These demons too

Are and have always been

Residing right inside?


What do I say

To make you believe,

A part of me

Is gradually hollowing

The whole of me,

Every night

Bit by bit,

Until I'm just body 

With caked skin wrapped outside.


I return from my scheduled atrocities,

To the clock that keeps telling me 

It's sleep time,

Another sleeping pill

Is what I need this time.


High on life,

These demons smile.


It's night,

And As I slide myself

Swiftly into one of my

Comfy sheets,

Forcing myself into

A soundless sleep

Chuckles heard again

Like Everytime,


And then I hear

The demons cry 

“HONEY

It's Show Time!”


- @ink.inspires_soul


________________________________


#poetry #poetrycommunity #yourquotebaba . #horrortales. #poetrylovers. #poetsofinstagram #demons  #demonsofmind #poetryofinstagram #quarantinethoughts #nightdemons #highpoetssociety #noticemejadepoetry #unerasepoetry #tapeatale #ink #love #wild

 

*No copyright over image 

 

Read my thoughts on YourQuote app at https://www.yourquote.in/shivani-nair-njdi/quotes/it-s-show-time-bpk66t

Comments

Popular Posts