Have we met before?

 Have We Met Before?

___________________


The way your eyes shine

Amidst our supposed to be

Awkward first conversation try,

Trust me I've seen the same sparkle

A Multiple times.


That post monsoon vibe

That your pheromones strike,

Is something that I have often felt

Before 

Again, a multiple times.


This heart that takes months to socialize

And years to partially satisfy,

That maybe not everybody

Is the same as the last time's 

Took no time to recognize

That all of you 

Is something

At our first meet

That I'm feeling twice.


Have we met before?

For the first first time?


What's that in you 

That forces me to make this conversation never reduce?

What is that warmth in you

That I've never felt in strangers new?

Why do you smell like one of my beloved

Old books,

That I seem to have forgotten to 

Again Read through?

Why are those gasps in your breath not new,

Why am I so used to 

Adoring you?

Why am I so used to catch you everytime,

You take away your eyes

From that of mine

Attempting to shed a fake smile,


You sure this bond is new?

Because I...

I'm pretty unsure this time.


I've felt those drizzles 

Escaping from your drenched hair before,

I've lost my senses,

In analysing this exact chaos before.


I've seen the same damn eyes,

Uncovering all these wisely layered lies.


I've heard the exact tiny gasps you breathe,

Amidst your description of elements of momentary feel.


Though deja Vu doesn't seem to rhyme

If this is our first meet,

Why do my emotions urge to sublime

In the same air of your breath

That I seem to have had breathed twice.


Have we met before?

For the first time?


___________________

#poetrycommunity #poetsofinstagram #poetry #poetryporn #poetryofinstagram #microtale #longformpoetry #moonlovers #ink #tapeatale #highpoetssociety #instagood #instadaily #quarantinethoughts #unerasedpoetry #spillpoetry

Comments

Popular Posts